It is estimated that there are 5 million orphans in Ethiopia. Soon it will be 5 million minus ONE!


Monday, January 31, 2011

"Gotcha" Day - January 8, 2011

We flew into Addis Ababa, Ethiopia around 9AM. We didn't think we would be able to see our daughter until the following day in the afternoon. We were so suprised when we received our agenda upon checking into the hotel. It stated that we would be picked up at 2pm to go to Hannah's Hope and be being our daughter back to the hotel with us! YAY!!!!

We had 4 hours to burn. We ate lunch/breakfast, then C took a nap. I was so excited I couldn't sleep, so I started to set out bottles, get outfits ready, and pack the diaper bag to take with us to HH. I couldn't believe that in just 4 short hours our daughter would finally be in my arms again! There would be no more goodbyes!!!! I was so thankful.

When we arrived at HH, Baby E was sleeping. :( Suble, her special mother (nanny), had fixed her hair. She looked so cute with all of the ponytails in. Even though she was sleeping C and I both took turns holding her. She woke up when C was holding her. We were worried that she may be freightened when she woke up, but she looked at us and immediately smiled. I know it is probably impossible, but it was like she remembered us. Baby E is such a happy and smiley girl.

Before we knew it we were on our way back to the hotel. We ate supper and Baby E was sleeping by 7pm. She was up twice for a bottle only to go immediately back to sleep. Thank goodness, because I had only slept about 3 hours on the flight.

This trip was such a peaceful trip. It was so comforting knowing our baby was coming home with us.
I will try to update from our first trip in a chronological order for the full story of both trips soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment