It is estimated that there are 5 million orphans in Ethiopia. Soon it will be 5 million minus ONE!


Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ethiopia

The trip to Ethiopia was amazing! We packed more into the 2 days in-country then I could have imagined. We hired a driver to take us around the city. (If you would like the name and number of the tour guide, please let me know. I would love to share; they were wonderful.) They took us up Mount. Entoto, where we saw the 1st christian Emperor's home and church. We shopped, ate, and explored the city with 2 children in tow. It was a busy few days, but totally fantastic!

It was so amazing being a part of my friend's "gotcha" day! Words can't even begin to explain how awesome it was. Her boys are so sweet and simply beautiful.  I tried to stand back and let the bonding between mother and child begin.  And it did!  The boys would color a picture or finish a puzzle; they would run pass me and call their mother to see what they had done. The 2 year old would close is coloring book and walk past me, so only HIS mother could see his accomplishment and praise him! It was so fun to watch the mother and child bond begin. Thank you to the V family for allowing me to be a part of your trip.

I thought I would share a few of my favorite photos from the trip.

On the way down from Mount Entoto - a woman carrying her child, selling some type of grain. Addis Ababa below
 One of the shops in the postal district.
 I love this photo of all the little old men wearing suits, hats and carrying umbrellas. (It could use a little editing and cropping.)

No comments:

Post a Comment